Today, Wilkens Weather Technologies, a subsidiary of Rockwell Collins, celebrates 40 years as a reliable, customer-centric metocean forecast company. April 12, 1977 marks the founding of WWT by Richard Wilkens, whose vision was to tailor weather information to the oil and natural gas industry. For decades, highly-trained meteorologists have provided accurate weather support, allowing our customers to make timely decisions and ensure the safety of their personnel.
During the next few weeks, we will share memories and successes from the last 40 years. We begin with the foundation of WWT – the meteorologists responsible for preparing weather reports and monitoring global assets 24/7.
Here is what you may not know about our team:
1. We currently have meteorologists working at 24-7 facilities in Texas, Oklahoma, Oregon, and the United Kingdom.
2. Nearly 50% of our meteorologists have 10+ years of forecasting experience with WWT.
3. 4 of our dedicated meteorologists have been with the company over 25 years, and 2 for over 35 years.
4. We currently maintain a diverse team of meteorologists from 16 universities.
5. Over 20% of our staff have achieved a master’s degree.
6. We are headquartered in Houston, Texas, but only one of our meteorologists is from Texas.
7. Many of our experienced meteorologists receive Helicopter Underwater Egress Training (HUET) and SafeGulf Training to work on-site assisting international offshore projects.
8. WWT meteorologists have provided on-site decision support for customers operating in the Gulf of Mexico & Bay of Campeche, Adriatic Sea, South China Sea, and Sea of Okhotsk.
9. Our meteorologists have exhibited at the Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) since 1981.
10. Most of our meteorologists have received LEAN certifications for participation in work efficiency programs.
Our diverse group of experienced meteorologists provide the most useful weather planning information to the global oil and gas industry. To learn more about our services, please visit our website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.